Android – How to update an Application
Before updating the application on Android, make sure the application is first completely closed (not simply exited, but still running in the background).
- Go to Menu > Settings > Applications
- Tap Manage Applications. In the list of running applications, select the application you wish to close and tap Force Stop
To update installed Android applications,
- Open the Google Play Store
- Click menu, and hit Downloads
- This will bring up a list of installed applications, and if there are any updates you will be notified. From there, you can select and install any necessary updates.